Effective as of February 01, 2023.
After reviewing this policy, if you have additional questions, want more information about our privacy practices, or would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com
Collecting Personal Information
- Contact data, personal or business contact information such as your first and last name, email and mailing addresses, phone number, professional title and company name.
- Registration data, such as information that you provide to register for an account or sign up for an event, including the day and month of your birth and the event you registered for.
- Data about others for whom you purchase an item or gift, such as name, delivery address and phone number. Please do not purchase a gift for someone or share their contact information with us unless you have their permission to do so.
- Profile data, such as your username and password that you may set to establish an online account with us and your interests and preferences.
- Communications, such as information you provide when you contact us with questions, feedback, survey responses, or otherwise correspond with us,
- Marketing data, such as the email address or contact details that we use to send marketing communications and your preferences for receiving communications about our activities, events, sweepstakes and contests.
- Purchase data, including your order history and information needed to process and fulfill your order, including order details, billing address, and delivery address.
Data from other sources.
We may also collect information about you from:
- Business partners, such as advertising and joint marketing partners.
- Data providers, such as information services and data licensors.
- Public sources, such as blogs, forums or social media platforms.
Automatic collection. We and our service providers may automatically log information about you, your computer or mobile device, and your activity occurring on or through the Sites, such as:
- Device data, such as your computer or mobile device operating system type and version number, manufacturer and model, browser type, screen resolution, IP address, the website you visited before browsing our site, and general location information such as city, state or geographic area.
- Online activity data, such as pages or screens you viewed, how long you spent on a page or screen, navigation paths between pages or screens, information about your activity on a page or screen, access times, and duration of access.
The Site is not intended for individuals under the age of 16. We do not intentionally collect Personal Information from children. If you are the parent or guardian and believe your child has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us at the address above to request deletion.
Sharing Personal Information
We share your Personal Information with service providers to help us provide our services and fulfill our contracts with you, as described above. For example:
- We use Shopify to power our online store. You can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy.
- We may share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
[INCLUDE FOLLOWING SECTION IF USING REMARKETING OR TARGETED ADVERTISING]
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For example:
- We use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site. You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- We use Shopify Audiences to help us show ads on other websites with our advertising partners to buyers who made purchases with other Shopify merchants and who may also be interested in what we have to offer. We also share information about your use of the Site, your purchases, and the email address associated with your purchases with Shopify Audiences, through which other Shopify merchants may make offers you may be interested in.
This website uses the so-called "Facebook Pixel" and the Conversions API of the social network "Facebook" by Meta Platforms Ireland Limited, 4 Grand Canal Square, Grand Canal Harbour, Dublin 2, Ireland (Meta) for the following purposes:
- Facebook (website) Custom Audiences
We use the Facebook pixel and the Conversions API for remarketing purposes to be able to contact you again within 180 days. This allows us to display interest-based advertisements ("Facebook Ads") to users of the website when they visit the social network "Facebook" or other websites also using this tool. In this way, we pursue the interest in displaying advertisements that are of interest to you in order to make our website or offers more interesting for you.
- Facebook conversion
We also use the Facebook Pixel and the Conversions API to ensure that our Facebook Ads match the potential interest of users and are not annoying. With the help of the Facebook Pixel, we can track the effectiveness of Facebook ads for statistical and market research purposes by seeing whether users were redirected to our website after clicking on a Facebook ad (so-called "conversion").
The processing of this data by Facebook takes place within the framework of Facebook's data policy. Special information and details about the Facebook pixel, the Conversions API and its functionality can also be found in the Facebook help area.
For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at https://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by:
FACEBOOK - https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
GOOGLE - https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: https://optout.aboutads.info/.
Using Personal Information
We use your personal Information to provide our services to you, which includes: offering products for sale, processing payments, shipping and fulfillment of your order, and keeping you up to date on new products, services, and offers.
Pursuant to the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), if you are a resident of the European Economic Area (“EEA”), we process your personal information under the following lawful bases:
- Your consent;
- The performance of the contract between you and the Site;
- Compliance with our legal obligations;
- To protect your vital interests;
- To perform a task carried out in the public interest;
- For our legitimate interests, which do not override your fundamental rights and freedoms.
When you place an order through the Site, we will retain your Personal Information for our records unless and until you ask us to erase this information. For more information on your right of erasure, please see the ‘Your rights’ section below.
If you are a resident of the EEA, you have the right to object to processing based solely on automated decision-making (which includes profiling), when that decision-making has a legal effect on you or otherwise significantly affects you.
We [DO/DO NOT] engage in fully automated decision-making that has a legal or otherwise significant effect using customer data.
Our processor Shopify uses limited automated decision-making to prevent fraud that does not have a legal or otherwise significant effect on you.
Services that include elements of automated decision-making include:
- Temporary blacklist of IP addresses associated with repeated failed transactions. This blacklist persists for a small number of hours.
- Temporary blacklist of credit cards associated with blacklisted IP addresses. This blacklist persists for a small number of days.
Selling Personal Information
Section effective as of: January 1, 2020
We are required by the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) to provide to California residents an explanation of how we collect, use and share their Personal Information, and of the rights and choices we offer to California residents (and others) with respect to that Personal Information. For purposes of this section, “Personal Information” has the meaning given in the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”).
Category of personal information (PI)
(Click here for the definitions from the CCPA)
PI we collect in this category
(See Personal Information We Collect above for a full description of each category of PI)
Source of PI
(See Personal Information We Collect above for a full description of each category of PI)
|Internet or Network Information||
May be derived from your:
|Protected Classification Characteristics||We do not intentionally collect this information but it may be revealed in profile data or other information we collect.|
|Sensory Information||Security data, such as security camera footage collected at our retail stores and office locations||
The business and commercial purposes for which we collect this information are described in the section above. The categories of third parties to whom we disclose this information are also described in the sections above.
Your California privacy rights. The CCPA grants California residents the following rights. However, these rights are not absolute, and in certain cases we may decline your request as permitted by law.
- Information. You can request information about how we have collected, used and shared and used your Personal Information during the past 12 months.
- The categories of Personal Information that we have collected.
- The categories of sources from which we collected Personal Information.
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting and/or selling Personal Information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share Personal Information.
- Whether we have disclosed your Personal Information for a business purpose, and if so, the categories of Personal Information received by each category of third party recipient.
- Whether we’ve sold your Personal Information, and if so, the categories of Personal Information received by each category of third party recipient.
- Access. You can request a copy of the Personal Information that we have collected about you during the past 12 months.
- Deletion. You can ask us to delete the Personal Information that we have collected from you.
You are entitled to exercise the rights described above free from discrimination in the form of legally prohibited increases in the price or decreases in the quality of our Service.
How to exercise your California rights. You may exercise your California privacy rights described above as follows:
- Right to information, access and deletion. You can request to exercise your information, access and deletion rights by by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We reserve the right to confirm your California residence to process your requests and will need to confirm your identity to process your requests to exercise your information, access or deletion rights. As part of this process, government identification may be required. Consistent with California law, you may designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf. In order to designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf, you must provide a valid power of attorney, the requester’s valid government-issued identification, and the authorized agent’s valid government issued identification. We cannot process your request if you do not provide us with sufficient detail to allow us to understand and respond to it.
- Request a list of third party marketers. California’s “Shine the Light” law (California Civil Code § 1798.83) allows California residents to ask companies with whom they have formed a business relationship primarily for personal, family or household purposes to provide certain information about the companies’ sharing of certain personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the preceding year (if any). You can submit such a request by sending an email to email@example.com with “Shine the Light” in the subject line. The request must include your current name, street address, city, state, and zip code and attest to the fact that you are a California resident.
We cannot process your request if you do not provide us with sufficient detail to allow us to understand and respond to it.
If you are a resident of the EEA, you have the right to access the Personal Information we hold about you, to port it to a new service, and to ask that your Personal Information be corrected, updated, or erased. If you would like to exercise these rights, please contact us through the contact information above.
Your Personal Information will be initially processed in Ireland and then will be transferred outside of Europe for storage and further processing, including to Canada and the United States. For more information on how data transfers comply with the GDPR, see Shopify’s GDPR Whitepaper: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/your-account/privacy/GDPR.
If you are a resident of California, you have the right to access the Personal Information we hold about you (also known as the ‘Right to Know’), to port it to a new service, and to ask that your Personal Information be corrected, updated, or erased. If you would like to exercise these rights, please contact us through the contact information above.
If you would like to designate an authorized agent to submit these requests on your behalf, please contact us at the address above.
A cookie is a small amount of information that’s downloaded to your computer or device when you visit our Site. We use a number of different cookies, including functional, performance, advertising, and social media or content cookies. Cookies make your browsing experience better by allowing the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login and region selection). This means you don’t have to re-enter this information each time you return to the site or browse from one page to another. Cookies also provide information on how people use the website, for instance whether it’s their first time visiting or if they are a frequent visitor.
We use the following cookies to optimize your experience on our Site and to provide our services.
[Be sure to check this list against Shopify’s current list of cookies on the merchant storefront: https://www.shopify.com/legal/cookies ]
Cookies Necessary for the Functioning of the Store
|_ab||Used in connection with access to admin.||2y|
|_secure_session_id||Used in connection with navigation through a storefront.||24h|
|_shopify_country||Used in connection with checkout.||session|
|_shopify_m||Used for managing customer privacy settings.||1y|
|_shopify_tm||Used for managing customer privacy settings.||30min|
|_shopify_tw||Used for managing customer privacy settings.||2w|
|_storefront_u||Used to facilitate updating customer account information.||1min|
|c||Used in connection with checkout.||1y|
|cart||Used in connection with shopping cart.||2w|
|cart_currency||Used in connection with shopping cart.||2w|
|cart_sig||Used in connection with checkout.||2w|
|cart_ts||Used in connection with checkout.||2w|
|cart_ver||Used in connection with shopping cart.||2w|
|checkout||Used in connection with checkout.||4w|
|checkout_token||Used in connection with checkout.||1y|
|dynamic_checkout_shown_on_cart||Used in connection with checkout.||30min|
|hide_shopify_pay_for_checkout||Used in connection with checkout.||session|
|keep_alive||Used in connection with buyer localization.||2w|
|master_device_id||Used in connection with merchant login.||2y|
|previous_step||Used in connection with checkout.||1y|
|remember_me||Used in connection with checkout.||1y|
|secure_customer_sig||Used in connection with customer login.||20y|
|shopify_pay||Used in connection with checkout.||1y|
|shopify_pay_redirect||Used in connection with checkout.||30 minutes, 3w or 1y depending on value|
|storefront_digest||Used in connection with customer login.||2y|
|tracked_start_checkout||Used in connection with checkout.||1y|
|checkout_one_experiment||Used in connection with checkout.||session|
|checkout_session_lookup||Used in connection with checkout.||3w|
|checkout_session_token_<<token>>||Used in connection with checkout.||3w|
|identity-state||Used in connection with customer authentication.||24h|
|identity-state-<<token>>||Used in connection with customer authentication.||24h|
|identity_customer_account_number||Used in connection with customer authentication.||12w|
Reporting and Analytics
|_landing_page||Track landing pages.||2w|
|_orig_referrer||Track landing pages.||2w|
|_shopify_sa_p||Shopify analytics relating to marketing & referrals.||30min|
|_shopify_sa_t||Shopify analytics relating to marketing & referrals.||30min|
|_shopify_ga||Shopify and Google Analytics.||session|
|Type||Description||Who serves the cookies||How to control them|
|Advertising||These cookies are used by advertising companies to collect information about how you use our Sites and other websites over time. These companies use this information to show you ads they believe will be relevant to you within our Service and elsewhere, and to measure how the ads perform.||
|See 'your choices' below.|
|Analytics||These cookies help us understand how our Service is performing and being used. These cookies may work with web beacons included in emails we send to track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients.||
Google Analytics uses its own cookies. You can find out more information about Google Analytics cookies here and about how Google protects your data here. You can prevent the use of Google Analytics relating to your use of our Sites by downloading and installing a browser plugin available here.
See 'your choices' below.
|Essential||These cookies are necessary to allow the technical operation of our Service (e.g., they enable you to move around on a website and to use its features).||Google Tag Manager||See ‘your choices’ below.|
|Functionality/ Performance||Enhance the performance and functionality of our Sites.||See ‘your choices’ below.|
In addition to cookies, our Sites may use other technologies, such as Flash technology and pixel tags to collect information automatically.
We may also use web beacons (which are also known as pixel tags and clear GIFs) on our Sites and in our HTML formatted emails to track the actions of users on our Sites and interactions with our emails. Unlike cookies, which are stored on the hard drive of your computer or mobile device by a website, pixel tags are embedded invisibly on webpages or within HTML formatted emails. Pixel tags are used to demonstrate that a webpage was accessed or that certain content was viewed, typically to measure the success of our marketing campaigns or engagement with our emails and to compile statistics about usage of the Sites, so that we can manage our content more effectively.
The length of time that a cookie remains on your computer or mobile device depends on whether it is a “persistent” or “session” cookie. Session cookies last until you stop browsing and persistent cookies last until they expire or are deleted. Most of the cookies we use are persistent and will expire between 30 minutes and two years from the date they are downloaded to your device.
You can control and manage cookies in various ways. Please keep in mind that removing or blocking cookies can negatively impact your user experience and parts of our website may no longer be fully accessible.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can choose whether or not to accept cookies through your browser controls, often found in your browser’s “Tools” or “Preferences” menu. For more information on how to modify your browser settings or how to block, manage or filter cookies can be found in your browser’s help file or through such sites as: www.allaboutcookies.org.
Additionally, please note that blocking cookies may not completely prevent how we share information with third parties such as our advertising partners. To exercise your rights or opt-out of certain uses of your information by these parties, please follow the instructions in the “Behavioural Advertising” section above.
Like many companies online, we use services provided by Google, Facebook and others companies that use tracking technology. Your choices for opting out of these companies’ use of your personal information for interest-based advertising include:
- Blocking cookies in your browser. Most browsers let you remove or reject cookies, including cookies used for interest-based advertising. To do this, follow the instructions in your browser settings. Many browsers accept cookies by default until you change your settings. For more information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your device and how to manage and delete them, visit allaboutcookies.org.
- Blocking advertising ID use in your mobile settings. Your mobile device settings may provide functionality to limit use of the advertising ID associated with your mobile device for interest-based advertising purposes.
- Using privacy plug-ins or browsers. You can block our websites from setting cookies used for interest-based ads by using a browser with privacy features, like Brave, or installing browser plugins like Privacy Badger, Ghostery or uBlock Origin, and configuring them to block third party cookies/trackers.
- Platform opt-outs. The following advertising partners offer opt-out features that let you opt-out of use of your information for interest-based advertising:
- Google: https://adssettings.google.com
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/about/ads
- Advertising industry opt-out tools. Some of our business partners that collect information about users’ activities on or through the Sites or Apps may be members of organizations or programs that provide choices to individuals regarding the use of their browsing behavior or mobile application usage for purposes of targeted advertising. You can use the following opt-out options to limit use of your information for interest-based advertising by participating companies:
- Digital Advertising Alliance: http://optout.aboutads.info
- Network Advertising Initiative: http://optout.networkadvertising.org/?c=1
- European users may opt out of receiving targeted advertising on websites through members of the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance by clicking here, selecting the user’s country, and then clicking “Choices” (or similarly titled link).
- Users of our Apps may opt out of receiving targeted advertising in mobile apps through participating members of the Digital Advertising Alliance by installing the AppChoices mobile app, available here, and selecting the user’s choices.
- Please note that we also may work with companies that offer their own opt-out mechanisms and may not participate in the opt-out mechanisms that we linked above.
If you choose to opt-out of targeted advertisements, you will still see advertisements online but they may not be relevant to you. Even if you do choose to opt out, not all companies that serve online behavioral advertising are included in this list, so you may still receive some cookies and tailored advertisements from companies that are not listed.
Do Not Track
Please note that because there is no consistent industry understanding of how to respond to “Do Not Track” signals, we do not alter our data collection and usage practices when we detect such a signal from your browser.
As noted above, if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail or by mail using the details provided under “Contact” above.
If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint, you have the right to lodge your complaint with the relevant data protection authority. You can contact your local data protection authority, or our supervisory authority here: [Add contact information or website for the data protection authority in your jurisdiction. For example: https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/]
Last updated: [Date]